Why is my GeometryCache object black?

I have a simple project which used to work in UnrealEngine v4.25.1, however in the current version of v4.25.4 or the newset v4.26.1, it stopped working properly.

The Issue: My geometry cache which has a material assigned to it, remains black even if the material is assigned a proper texture. If I assign that material to a simple cube, then it is rendered correctly with the texture, whereas the Geometry Cache object is simply black.

The process:

• I Import an alembic .abc file into my project as a GeometryCache and then drag it into the scene.

• I then drag the material onto this new object in the scene, thus it then turns black (this is expected)

• The Material that i dragged is a simple new material that only has a Texture Sample node with a MediaTexture assigned as the texture and RGB is linked with the Base Color of the material.

• The MediaTexture that is used for the material is assigned from a MediaPlayer which gets it’s textures from an Img Media Source, which itself points to the first of many .jpg images in a folder.

• I also then have a LevelSequence object which has both the GeometryCache dragged into it as well as the MediaPlayer, so that as the frames in the geometryCache changed, so would the texture.

At this point I expect to see, as i did in v4.25.1 that my geometrycache has on each frame it’s own texture displayed with it.

What I actually see is that the geometry cache is always black as though no texture is assigned to it, however if i assign that same material to a simple cube then i can clearly see that the textures are being properly used.

So, something clearly wrong is happening with the GeometryCache Component.

Is this a bug, or should I be doing something differently in these newer versions?

Did you manage to find solution for this problem?

that happened to me once and it was because I turned off all the lights and didn´t notice