Why is emitter's loop duration not showing Niagara timeline?

I’m fairly new to UE and very new to Niagara, I’m trying to get started studying vfx for games and for that reason I’m following some tutorials. Every one I can see on the internet has this green bar on the timeline displaying how long the loop duration is. In my case, I only get the yellow bar from start to finish, regardless of the emitter or system template I use. On the left of it I get a blue information mark (blue circle with an “i” inside) that says:
“Failed to add module EmitterState to section of type MovieSceneNiagaraEmitterSection.
Message: Failed to bind ‘num loops’ for module. Message: Could not find the default pin for this input in the source graph, it may be hidden by a static switch”.
How can i solve it? I imagine it is some blue print - related problem, but have no idea on where to look for it and how to fix it. Any help would be very appreciated!!!

1 Like

I got the same issue with Niagara emitter: no green bar, any help to fix that will be great.

In the Emitter State module you first have to set Loop Behavior to Multiple and then enable Loop Delay.

You probably want to set Loop Count to 1 and enable Delay First Loop Only.

I assume it’s a bug that setting Loop Behavior to Once doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Thanks!!! That was it! I tried many things and couldn’t figure it out! Really appreciate it!