why does my solid object in Mesh Distance Field view shows transparent...

Hey guys,
I have this mesh modelled in Blender. And im trying to check the mesh distance field of the object for distance field effect in Niagara.
Can anyone tell my why my vizualize mode in Mesh Distance Field looks transparent??

This is an image I found online and mine looks nothing like this.

it’s a complex object with thin walls. what do expect? you can tweak the distance field options in the mesh editor. but it’s gonna come with a cost. or you could think about making the walls thicker.

They are about 5cm thick so I dont think that shoud be an issue.

it is. a distance field is basicly a voxel volume. if the walls are too thin it will not be dense enough to create a voxel. so you end up with those empty voxels. that’s how it works.

Then Idk why this thin object is visible in distance field view.

that’s cause it’s a flat plane. it fills 1 voxel x height x width perfectly. if you would do that with a tilted plane it would not work.

hm i see,
I just imported a new mesh, same thickness as the window, but extruded.
It shows something better, but still very off…

probably solution is: if you require the distance fields you could split the building into equal parts that build proper fields and you assemble the building from parts (or instances) using a radial offset. this lends itself for a construction script. or… you’ll figure something out. hmm