Why does a 1m cube not weigh 1000 kilos?

Given that everything is metric, I would have expected a default density of 1 to be water.

Yet my cube is 177.828kg?

Cheers!

/ Kyle

Just means your cube isn’t made of water :wink: Maybe some lightweight wood or something like that.

There are two places in the physics settings where this can come from, one is in a physical material, you can set the density. The other (I can’t remembre the name) but it’s a density power function that makes objects relatively lighter the larger they get (a car isn’t solid steel, for example) and I think that is where your effect is coming from

Hi,

Couldnt also the gravity setting be an influential factor?

Cheers,
Klaus

Gravity wouldn’t be a good solution unless you wanted to affect everything since this is a global gravity setting.

The best solution as mentioned above would be to either use the Physical Material or use the settings for the object details and change the Mass scale there.

I hope this helps!

Tim

I was thrown off becasue the comment on PhysicalMaterial::Density is /** Used with the shape of the object to calculate its mass properties. The higher the number, the heavier the object. g per cubic cm. */ Which clearly isn’t the case.

As it turns out though, UPhysicalMaterial::RaiseMassToPower defaults to 0.75 is where you find the missing mass. Set that to 1 and then you’re working in g per cubic cm.