Why developers in Belarus were blocked ? It is longer impossible to download UE4.

Hello,

Today (or maybe some days early) it become impossible to download UE4 from Belarus. What happened ? Does it mean that developers in Belarus were just blocked and lost their money spent on subscription ?

Any official comments ?

Best regards,

Thank you for reporting . We are investigating it.

Cheers.

Thanks,

I hope it just by mistake. To help you resolve the, below is the message I got when try to download UE4 installer:

ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: <request-id-data>

Hope you will resolve soon.

Best regards,

, the situation is going to be worse. Now I am unable to open UE4 home site (https://www.unrealengine.com/). The error is:

Thank you for visiting our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the requested service at time, due to the IP from which request was originated.
Home Page

(gateway)

Could you please clarify the official position of Epic about the access to UE4 from different countries ? Could we receive back the money spent on subscription due to inability to use UE4 officially ? Thanks in advance!

Another community member having problem IP issue - Feedback & Requests - Epic Developer Community Forums

Hey guys,

is in fact a very scary since some companies at some points cut the service on some countries officially. It has already happened to my IP with Unity 3D too. I hope the answer isn’t simply, “You gotta have to say good bye”.

I think it could help if you said what country you’re from.

Same here in Lebanon.
On the unrealengine.com webiste I get:

Thank you for visiting our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the requested service at time, due to the IP from which request was originated.

The Launcher:

No Manifest received for Live.

It used to work fines yesterday.
The website works fine with a proxy.
I can’t connect the launcher to my proxy

, any news about the ?

I’m from Belarus and have the same problem!

Could it not have something to do with and be part of the knock on effect: Belarus Has Shut Off Part of the Internet

I know it is an old post … but maybe something else is going on that is related to .

I can only think there is something going on here that is out of the hands of Epic: Will Belarus Increase Internet Censorship After December’s Financial Panic?

I really hope it gets resolved for all of you … good luck. 8-{

You would best be using proxy / vm systems to get around blockades. It is a simple fact of the internet that political embargoes result in with national opposition.

At moment we just want to know the official position of Epic about the. Is it really about the international sanctions or just an unintentional technical ? If is official “blockade”, we have to know to make the decision. We don’t want to be a pirates. If Epic doesn’t allow us to use UE, how could we then sell products made with it ? So in general, using any proxies/VPNs doesn’t resolve the, because investing in project which couldn’t be sell legally is not good idea, isn’t ?

I don’t think EPIC is blocking you from using it. The blockade comes from your country.

Hi,

Thanks for good words for us. The problem is absolutely on the Epic’s side, the links you provide is not related to , unfortunately (because it could be resolved easily with VPN). In the case of blocking on the Epic side we just can’t be sure if investing in the projects made with UE is worth it. If using UE4 in some countries are prohibited it could make impossible to sell that products legally, so investments could be lost.

We just want simple official comment from the Epic about the sources of the, and unfortunately have no single word for moment.

You are wrong, unfortunately. The message we got is following:

The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.

comes from Epic’s server, not from any intermediate gateway on the way to Epic servers. So the problem is clear on the Epic’s side.

Some time ago I asked support why we have no Belarus in the list of countries on the payment page. was the answer:

So I consider block as next step for preventing unwanted usage of UE by citizens of ‘export restricted’ countries.

I think you are on to something: Restricting the Geographic Distribution of Your Content

I guess we will have to wait for Epic to answer your query. Good luck.

If so, then Epic should be prepared for law court, because they already do that and receive the money from the Belarus for UE4 (and according to the Epic’s rules we could use latest paid version we got). Even in a case of , why we still have no official comments, list of prohibited countries on the site (e.g. Google Play states availability of services explicitly for each countries) ?

And what is more important, you could start the projects with “freely available for all” UE4 and later USA will add your country to the prohibited list and what then for you ? Lost all your investments ? Of course it is just a politics…

If it really just a matter of politics, why Epic doesn’t just say it, so we could just take the decision what we should do with our projects started with UE4.

It could be a case, blocking the downloads make sense then, but why to block UE4 site ? It more like the racism than just “export restriction”. Just imagine that subscription still paid. They have the payment method information already in their system and after that blocking we even can’t discard the subscription because unable to login to account …