Why can't you re-import string tables?

This is a UI consistency issue:

Now, unless I’ve misunderstood something:

• While data tables can be imported from CSV, it’s not uncommon to author them in-engine, right?
  • String tables, however, are what you are supposed to send to the people who translate your game to different languages, are they not? You nearly always import them and often update them…

So why can’t string tables be easily re-imported?

I don’t think this is enough, and I think it’s a design flaw that the Ux is not unified between these two:

PS. Tags are still broken in Firefox on this forum.

Oh, my god!

This wastes so many clicks every time you want to update your strings.

Nobody else is annoyed by this? I can’t believe everyone is authoring these in-engine?

This post is old now but I get the same issue and fixed it by creating an custom editor plugin with a FunctionLibrary and Editor Utility Widget.

bool UStringTableHelpToolsBPLibrary::ExportStringTableFromRef(const FString& StringTableAssetPath, const FString& InFilename)
{
	UStringTable* StringTable = Cast<UStringTable>(UEditorAssetLibrary::LoadAsset(StringTableAssetPath));
	if (StringTable)
	{
		FStringTableConstRef StringTableStruct = StringTable->GetStringTable();
		return StringTableStruct->ExportStrings(InFilename);
	}
	return false;
}

bool UStringTableHelpToolsBPLibrary::ImportStringTableFromRef(const FString& StringTableAssetPath, const FString& InFilename)
{
	UStringTable* StringTable = Cast<UStringTable>(UEditorAssetLibrary::LoadAsset(StringTableAssetPath));
	if (StringTable)
	{
		FStringTableRef StringTableStruct = StringTable->GetMutableStringTable();
		return StringTableStruct->ImportStrings(InFilename);
	}
	return false;
}

I get all assets and file names from a json file but you can create an simple TArray with your string table assets paths and file names.