Why can't I deploy to android (Oculus GO)

I seem to get the same two errors, one when I have Gradle activated, another when I do not. I have not been able to find any helpful information about how to get this to work and it seems like there are posts dating back quite some time from people who have had similar issues without any resolution. We are trying to port our PC oculus experience onto our new mobile Oculus GO but have not been able to get the app to deploy straight onto the device or to package into .apk.

A sample of my logs:

LogPlayLevel: ====16/5/2018 12:03:00 PM====PERFORMING FINAL APK PACKAGE OPERATION================================================
LogPlayLevel: Creating rungradle.bat to work around commandline length limit (using unused drive letter Z:)
LogPlayLevel: Making .apk with Gradle…
LogPlayLevel: Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.
LogPlayLevel: File could not be loaded.
LogPlayLevel: FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
LogPlayLevel: * What went wrong:
LogPlayLevel: A problem occurred configuring project ‘:app’.
LogPlayLevel: > Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ‘:app:_debugApkCopy’.
LogPlayLevel: > Could not find com.google.android.gms:play-services-auth:11.8.0.
LogPlayLevel: Required by:
LogPlayLevel: :app:unspecified
LogPlayLevel: > Could not find com.google.android.gms:play-services-games:11.8.0.
LogPlayLevel: > Could not find com.google.android.gms:play-services-nearby:11.8.0.
LogPlayLevel: > Could not find com.google.android.gms:play-services-plus:11.8.0.
LogPlayLevel: * Try:
LogPlayLevel: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: Total time: 15.214 secs
LogPlayLevel: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c “” :app:assembleDebug
LogPlayLevel: (see for full exception trace)
LogPlayLevel: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1 (Error_Unknown)
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 23.544474
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
PackagingResults: Error: Launch failed! Unknown Error

You might check this fix.