Why can't I create any c++ projects with any engine?

I haven’t the error log now but I think the engine can’t find up the file cl.exe , but i found it. Can someone help me(I don’t want to work with blueprints)?
Can I use other languages?,

Can someone help me ,please?

No one can help me?

Hi shadow5455565,

I have a few questions before I’ll be able to appropriately assist you with this issue.

• When are you getting this error? Is it when you try to create a project based off C++ or when you try to add a C++ class to an existing project?
  • What type of error is it? Does it simply cause a window to pop up and then the editor continues working as usual or does the editor crash?
  • If the editor crashes, can I have the crash log? It should be located at MyDocuments/MyProject/Saved/Logs
  • If the editor doesn’t crash, can you reproduce this and give me the exact error message?

1.i get this error when I try to create a project based off c++
2.i, ve got the error at 90% of creating project , but the editor not crashes .
3.i’ll give it to you later because I’m on tablet now
and , yeah, can I use other languages?
Or another compiler , because I’ve got devc++?

Running D:/programmi (x86)/Epic Games/4.8/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project=“D:/UE$Projects/test2cpp/test2cpp.uproject” -game -rocket -progress
Discovering modules, targets and source code for game…
UnrealBuildTool Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: D:\programmi (x86)\VisualStudio13\Common7\Tools…/…/VC/bin/amd64\cl.exe
in System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
in UnrealBuildTool.VCEnvironment.FindCLExeVersion(String CompilerExe)
in UnrealBuildTool.VCEnvironment…ctor(CPPTargetPlatform InPlatform)
in UnrealBuildTool.VCToolChain.GetVCIncludePaths(CPPTargetPlatform Platform)
in UnrealBuildTool.VCProjectFile.WriteProjectFile(List1 InPlatforms, List1 InConfigurations)
in UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFileGenerator.WriteProjectFiles()
in UnrealBuildTool.ProjectFileGenerator.GenerateProjectFiles(String[] Arguments, Boolean& bSuccess)
in UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GenerateProjectFiles(ProjectFileGenerator Generator, String[] Arguments)
in UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String[] Arguments)

here is it

i’ve got an FileNotFoundExeption and the file is cl.exe,but i don’t understand that:
“D:\programmi (x86)\VisualStudio13\Common7\Tools…/…/VC/bin/amd64\cl.exe”

The only programming language that the editor supports natively is C++. There may be some community-made plugins that can allow for the use of other languages but they are all experimental as I understand it. I understand you’re unable to provide the error at the moment but I will need that to proceed.

the part after /tools : “…/…/VC/bin/amd64\cl.exe”,
the normal slash is used only on internet but i wasn’t beliveing that you can use it on directoryes

What version of the engine are you using? I have a couple things you can try but they make take some time. First, open the launcher and hit the ‘Library’ tab. After that, select the dropdown arrow beside the engine version you’re using and select ‘Verify’. See if the issue persists. If it does, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the engine version? It is possible that something went wrong in the installation which could be causing these issues.

4.8.0 but the same thing on 4.7.0, i’ve installed c++ on visual studio after installing visual studio ,is maybe that the problem??

I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean. What version of Visual Studio 2013 do you have? Express, Community, or Professional?

community,but i’ve installed c++ package after installing visual studio

oh just now i saw that i wrote :Why can’t I create any c++ projects with the engine?? i forgot to add “with any engine”

As this could be the problem, can you try a fresh install of Visual Studio to see if it’ll solve the issue?

i may use the version gived with the engine?

never mind , i found the problem, visual studio doesn’t want to recognize c++ as a language program,i’ll try to install the x86 version of c++

Hi Shadow5455565,

Did installing the x86 version of C++ solve the issue for you? It would be useful to have this information to future users who may encounter this problem if so. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you further if needed.

still not working, and i can’t uninstall vs,but now i can use c++ on vs but ue still not find cl.exe,i’ve installed vb express too