Why are my textures all white ?

So I’ve exported my model from Maya 2014 as a FBX 2014 and all the textures that i made in photoshop have shown up white and I don’t know why, at first i thought it was because they were the wrong DDS type but I’ve now changed them to PSD and it still doesn’t work, i’m very new to this and haven’t managed to find an answer i actually understand -.- also i have the error degenerate tangent bases if someone could help me out that would be great, thank-you in advance

.tga or targa file format is preferred by UE4, try that, also on your mesh import untick ‘import materials/texture’ and create your own, right click in the content browser and create a new material, drag and drop your texture into the material editor and link it to the diffuse. Double click your static mesh and click and drag that material onto where it will be accepted in the top right of the static mesh panel.

(You can always apply materials by dragging them into the viewport ontop of a mesh too).

Sorry if this is all knowledge is stuff you already know!

As for the tangent bases, it is usually referring to normal directions and/or any errors in geometry, such as too too many vertex per face (keep 4 as a maximum), too many edges connected to a single vert, or a few other potential issues like verts overlapping each other. (You can try triangulating your mesh in maya to quickly fix this).

.PNG is also fine, but you could even import .jpg and .bmp afaik.
.TGA and .PNG are main reccomendations though.

And imported meshes are automatically triangulated so there might be something else going wrong, but without looking at the mesh I cant be sure.

Thank you for the help guys, i ended up stumbling across the solution earlier today, i was trying different things that i had read from the cluster of the internet and i sent my model to 3DS Max and exported it from there and it all works fine and looks great too but thank you anyway