Why are my meshs/materials flickering as they scale and move?

I am currently working on an AR app and have found that my meshes or materials flicker only when they’re being scaled as components in blueprints. I am working with an ipad pro and deploying from my windows machine via a mac.

You can see a number of other meshes, both set to static/moveable which do not flicker in the same way. It is only the scaling/moving componants in the blueprint actors. When the same objects are no longer changing they are also no longer flickering, for the most part.

I have tried placing the same components in the scene outside of the blueprint and they render fine. I have quickly tried turning of culling, increasing the mesh bounds and briefly testing material issues. A number of the materials have nothing other than the 3 point colour so I don’t think it’s anything to do with imported textures, unless one bad one would effect the whole blueprint in that way?

The directional light and skylight in the scene are set to moveable.

I have a quick recording here where you can see the issue.

Any suggestions?

Scaling scene components and their children inside the BP. I’ve just noticed that this wasn’t a problem in 4.21 so will also try the new stuff back on that.

Are you scaling inside the BP, or are you scaling the BP from ‘outside’?

I’ve just knocked up something similar and have no flickering. I think you’ll have to show a bit of BP. I’m currently using SetRelativeScale3D.

Nope, sorry…

Sure, I’ll post it shortly, are you working on mobile with arkit? Not sure if that has anything to do with it?

Thank you for your time but I have rebuilt the blueprints in 4.21 and that seems to have resolved the issue?

Going to redo the materials slowly and see if any of them trigger the issue again, will let you know if I find anything out!

Yeah I had thought that might be it, but there are no double faces of overlapping, it only occurs during the movement. If it were Z fighting it would be all the time I think?

looks like z fighting. can you check your model?
you tried a basic object like a cube. it can happen if 2 faces are at the same place and
the renderer doesn’t know which one is nearer. so it flickers.

There is also a moon in there, can’t remember if visible, but that was a basic sphere from ue4 and it displayed the same issues.

without material you dont have the problem?
maybe a uv-map problem?

if the gray sphere is the moon, then it looks good in the video.

Ah if you watch it back you can see it doing the same thing just before it goes out of frame.

I did try it with a few material varations, and it does now seem to be behaving in 4.21 so I wouldn’t imagine it was a UV issue?

hi, did you guys got any solution for this? please help me out facing same issue

any solution?