Why are engine plugins being rebuilt for each project?

Cloned and built 4.11 from source on Windows.

When I build a project (non-Editor configuration), all engine plugins are being rebuilt, with a subfolder named after my project being generated in the engine plugin intermediate folders, and a binary of the form MyProjectName-PluginModuleName-Win64-Debug.lib in the binaries folder. Previously I’m fairly sure all projects using a plugin would just link against UE4-PluginModuleName-Win64-Debug.lib, which is generated once when I build the engine.

I’m getting a bunch of issues with seemingly unnecessary engine rebuilds and overly bloated project intermediate folders since moving to a source built engine, but the above seems like it might indicate what the root cause is. Anyone have an idea what’s going on here?

I know this is off topic, but I clicked on your BT extension and I just wanted to say… thanks! Pretty cool thing you got there…

teak

No worries. It could probably use an update for 4.11, though maybe it works without changes. I’ll try to find time to take a look sometime soon.

want to konw too…

If you are building ue4 from source, you can make your own “rocket” build, which will reuse precompiled plugin libraries instead of building plugins everytime for every project.