Why am I getting "empty " brushes when I import an FBX?

Hey,
I imported a city in fbx to UE4 but it has some “empty” brushes (I guess). How can I put some texture there or something because I need to rebuild piece by piece that city in UE4 is only for facilitate the (re)build.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4782&d=1402256114

Thanks!

Hi Jakoozie,

If this is an FBX that you’ve imported from your 3D software you need to make sure your faces are flipped the correct way.

Are you able to apply a material to these boxes? Also, can you post a screen shot of the asset in the Static Mesh Viewer/Editor with the details panel showing?

What 3D package are you using to export your FBX from?

If you want me to take a look and get your a quicker answer you can always post the assets FBX or a similar one that you can reproduce the error on for me to take a look at.

Thank you!

Tim

My bad, it is .t3d not .fbx. The .t3d is from UT99 and converted using a tool from community. Thanks!

I’m not familiar with this tool, but if you want to post the .t3d file I’ll take a look. I know the engine supports .t3d files but I cannot promise anything since this is grabbing data from UT99 and trying to plug it into UE4.

Tim

Ok, thanks! I will organize my files and I will send you PM.

Hi Jakoozie,

I found some t3d files on the UT forums and the converter. I’ve tried with some of these and have been able to see the issue.

This may be tedious but it’s the only way I’ve seen to address this. Highlight each brush, or have them all selected (whichever you wish) and in the details panel in Brush Type: It should say “multiple values.” Change this to ‘additive’ This will trigger it to be what it’s supposed to be.

This should resolve your issue.

Thank you!

Tim

Hi jakoozie,

Since I’ve not heard back from you in a few days I’m going to mark this as resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still having the issue please post on here and I’ll help you out!

Thank you!

Tim