Whiplashes cause HORRIBLE Stability - FPS & Ping

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Stability

Summary

Spawning or respawning whiplashes cause SIGNIFICANT drops in frames and spikes in ping; and only increases further with more whiplashes. This gets far worse in live games with additional players on varying devices.

Steps to Reproduce

Spawn the whiplash vehicle device. Respawn it or continue to place more. Select several and place them again.

Expected Result

There should be a far smoother and reliable experience when spawning and/or enabling whiplashes.

Observed Result

When spawning a Whiplash, you can see my ping spike generally an additional 100 with high rates of packet loss. Mind you, I am hard wired with fiber internet. I also experience significant frame drops, going from 100fps average to as low as 5fps whenever a whiplash spawns.

Supporting Gameplay: https://youtu.be/rsXPp-TSySg?si=OlP3vUtMr9StdPoN

Platform(s)

All

Island Code

7832-3964-5638

Additional Notes

This has been greatly hurting Truck Pursuit over the last month as players literally play with whiplashes; meaning there’s 12 spawning every round, causing huge lag spikes at the start of every round, forcing some players to even freeze in place in the air for upwards of 30 seconds.

The status of FORT-765027 incident has been moved from ‘To Do’ to ‘In Progress’.

1 Like