Where store informations about players?

I’m want make multiplayer game with level,experience system then publish it on Steam.Where can i store player level?I need database for this simple things or can i store them on Steam.Game will be works on ListenServer Sessions.

Hey there @kapistryn! Welcome to the community! So generally you can use the Game Session to store data like that while the game is running, but it’s gone as soon as that session dies, so you have to save it locally or on your servers. If you’re using localized player data you could just save it to your player’s computer, and load from there. Obviously this isn’t ideal because well, cheating in a multiplayer game, but if you’re using listen servers, you may not want to keep player data on your servers so I mention it. Otherwise, you will need a place to save this data and that’s usually in a database as you’d mentioned.

A good rundown would be in this thread where 3DRaven an insanely skilled community member shows their take:

That said there’s other resources in that thread that are really good, like Wizardcells’ site. I recommend giving the whole thread a read if you can.

2 Likes