Where can I download UE 5.2 preview?

It says “Download Unreal Engine 5.2 Preview from the Epic Games launcher”, but I cant find it anywhere. the “unreal Engine > Library” does not list it as a version to install. not listed in store, not listed in marketplace. Where should i be looking? my launcher is up to date.

Launcher

4 Likes

5.2 is not listed there:

nvm. found it. thanks for you help!

FWIW I do not have that listed there either. Are there certain accounts that are whitelisted as early adopters?

1 Like

Yeah it’s not there for me either.

exac same for me, just dont have 5.2 as an option in install dropdown

edit, i found how to solve it, i updated epic games launcher itself and now it shows the option for 5.2

Updating seemed to show on my PC but not on my laptop. Even now, with it showing, it still doesn’t let me hit “Install” and in the logs shows that it can’t find the id for 5.2.0 within its list of apps.

• Preview 2 unavailable for download
    • Unreal Engine 5.2 Preview 2 has been removed from the Epic Games launcher and GitHub. More news about 5.2 coming soon!

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/13ckmbv/i_always_have_bad_timing_was_literally_just_about/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

oh, thank you!

Doesn’t work for me either, it’s not there for me either.
My setup is Mac Studio; macOS Ventura 13.3.1(a) ; and Epic Games Launcher 15.1.1

See the post above

It’s been removed now, probably because it’s just about to be released.

1 Like

Good call, just dropped. Unreal Engine 5.2 is now available!

1 Like

Yep, I noticed this too. 5.2 is now available from the launcher!! Woop