Where are the Volumetric Clouds?

You’re looking at the wrong material. It’s not part of the volumetrics plugin, it is in Engine content under EngineSky

please help me… i ve the same problem

Using 4.25.4 and the clouds look pretty good! No importing of anything needed etc. Just go to “Edit>Plugins” and the on the left side, go to “Built-in” section, scroll down and select “Rendering”. In the plugin list that gets populated to the right of that, check on “Volumetrics” and restart UE4. Outside of doing that, you should also enable “Show Engine Content” in the content browser view options (lower right hand corner of the content browser window). Then go to the below listed path and open the level:

File/Open Level…/Volumetrics Content/Sky/Maps

I will mention, that I was getting really frustrated with these example levels at first, as they are setup with all the parameter values juiced up to ridiculous and non performant settings! This would have been a good time to introduce a preset widget or some sort of toggle in the settings with of a couple different quality levels with the example levels here having been saved at the lower end, but instead, everything was maxed out and the fps was about 2fps as a starting point…

Once you slam the cloud detail amount down from the default of 16 to something like 3, you will have decent frame count and can begin testing out all the settings to figure out how the system actually works. It’s fun to mess with!

The one thing I would love to figure out, is how to slow the panning speed of the clouds way down… Scaling the clouds much higher with “scale relative to the earth” was not the solution… If anyone figures out the translation speed of the clouds, please let me know!

Cheers!
TC

I have been using the plug in for a while now… in 4.26…

but I messed up the original level maps…

how might I download a fresh copy of the maps that come with the plug in ?

Is this content broken or am I missing something?

I’ve enabled Volumetric Clouds plugin, restarted my engine and then went to \Volumetrics Content\Content\Sky\Maps and tried opening both maps. They’re both entirely black with some actors and I can’t seem to be able to get any lighting.

If I try to open Volumetric_Sky_Prototype_Map_Planet instead of Volumetric_sky_Prototype_map then I get this:
Failed to load /Volumetrics/Content/Sky/Materials/M_Volumetric_Sky_Prototype.M_Volumetric_Sky_Prototype Referenced by MaterialInstanceDynamic_0

Edit: Seems that something is severely wrong with the volumetric cloud settings/plugin on my side. I’m opening the same maps in 4.26 and there’s simply no volumetric clouds, just some fog.

Hello, volumetric clouds stopped working in one of my main projects. Whenever I throw one into the world outliner the whole level becomes black expect for particle systems.
When I click into the volumetric clouds material in the engine files it returns the following message: [SM5] /Engine/Private/VolumetricFogVoxelization.usf(70,21 - 78): error X3004: undeclared identifier ‘VertexFactoryGetPrimitiveId’
Weird thing is volumetric clouds works totally fine in all my other projects in the same engine (4.26.2) and when created a copy of the project in 4.27, the error persists. Not sure what’s wrong with my project. Thank you!