When will eye tracking foveated rendering be included in the standard Unreal Engine builds?

When will eye tracking foveated rendering be included in the standard Unreal Engine builds?

Nvidia apparently is working on their custom implementation. They say the integration is coming ‘soon’ (I assume with the next stable release). But their VRS tech is tied to the RTX cards only (I am not aware of any other vendors having their ways to do foveated rendering; I am sure we’ll see some in the near future). So native UE builds… probably not happening for a while

links:

Here is a guide that will help you! At the moment you do need a custom modified version of Unreal Engine 4.23 or 4.21 because some changes are required in the rendering pipeline, however we are working with Nvidia and Epic Games to integrate those changes in the future version so that you only need the VRS Plugin.

Getting Started with VRS & Foveated Rendering using HTC Vive Pro Eye & Unreal Engine

In the current (preview version 2), UE 4.27 seems very promising, especially in the context of gaze-contingent rendering (foveated rendering). I saw they are willing to add VRS, and eye tracked ray tracing which would really open a new domain of workflow. Still waiting for the features.