When Using SpawnActor, enemy AI cannot move upon spawning

To give some context, I have two AI enemies types: Weeping Angel (enemy that moves only if the player is not looking directly at it) and Parasite (wanders around, chases player if player is spotted). Both are a Character blueprint.

Weeping Angel works perfectly when spawned, but my Parasite enemy does not move upon being spawned. It will just play its idle animation without actually moving. When I trigger the chase movement for the Parasite, it will chase the player and work perfectly fine afterwards. When dragging and dropping the Parasite blueprint into the level, the Parasite works perfectly.

I Googled around before posting here and have verified and tried the following:

1. There is a NavMeshBounds in my level. I deleted it and replaced it to see if that would do anything, but it unfortunately did not. Doing this got rid of the RecastNavMesh and replaced it with a new one that is currently in my level.
  2. Auto Possess AI is set to “Placed in World or Spawned”
  3. AI Controller Class is “AIController”
  4. Moving the spawn point of the enemy up to avoid getting stuck (I use a random enemy spawner)

My Parasite roaming code:

My Random Enemy Selection Code:

Preview of the Parasite not moving with NavMeshBounds preview:

Weeping Angel and Parasite are pretty much the same in terms of class settings and defaults

Any help is greatly appreciated with this, and let me know if I need to provide any more information!

So all I had to do was add a small delay at the beginning of BeginPlay:

I’m not really sure why but I guess this is needed to give time for the Parasite to spawn in and choose a random reachable point in a certain radius?

This will be my marked solution but is there any other solution that could be implemented?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.