When the water will stop being experimental?

The water was introduced in UE4.26. Starting from that version, there were (1) 4.27, (2) 5.0 EA, (3) 5.0 Preview, (4) 5.0 Full, (5) 5.1, (6) 5.2, (7) 5.3. But after SEVEN VERSIONS, and even more with revisions, the water is still “Experimental”. Will the situation have ever changed, or did Epic put a pin on this feature?

Wanted to use it for character swimming back then but dumped the whole idea after seeing its state. If the bugs are fixed it would be an amazing plugin to have.

Is Post Processing broken on the 4.26 "WaterBodyCustom" of the water plugin?

Meanwhile other plugins that are not marked experimental but enabled by default really are still experimental :'). Guess we are their testers.

Bump. The topic is actual.

1 Like

Double bump.

Triple bump.

FRRR. I tried quick launching my AR project on my phone but the Water plugin kept causing errors. Needs to be fixed asap

Bump again.

1 Like

Quintuple bump. @SupportiveEntity - can you answer this question?

Hey there @Etyuhibosecyu! There hasn’t been any official information on water plugin updates released. However there is speculation that once the landscape upgrades are complete, the water solution may receive updates but that’s all speculation. The original water system actually came to be due to the system being added to fortnite if I remember correctly, so upgrade cadence would likely rely on that development schedule.

i think its corelating with replication and physic problems. its also connected with chaos destruction (physic replication problems). they got chaos physic, witch have unresolved problems with replication. my guess, we have some progress for minimum 1yr from now (let say from ue5.6 version). and thats only for 1st realease. stability and optimiz performance maybe 2yrs or more …