When props and devices are attached to skeletal bones, they behave strangely.

Reference ID

e96e6f72-4e7c-a37a-f15e-099a9bdf83c3

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Stability

Summary

Since v30.10, Props and Devices attached to skeletal bones on the level began very strange behavior.
On skeletal animation playing(Regardless Cinematic Sequence or Anim to play), Even though these are moving due to animation, Transform information by verse indicates that it is not moving.
Invisible collisions (of these props and devices, maybe) exist in the Transform output by verse, and blocking the player’s path.
Nothing wrong with the look of the device or prop.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Prepare skeletal mesh and it’s animation, a building prop with collision. And Create a creative device for monitoring building prop’s Transform.
  2. Place a skeletal mesh and prop on the map and attach prop to any bone.
  3. Set animation sequence to skeletal mesh’s Detail Panel → Animation → Anim to Play
  4. Place a monitoring device on the map, Start play with monitoring Prop’s Transform by verse.

Expected Result

The verse log outputs the exact Transform information of the building prop.
There are no invisible collisions anywhere.

Observed Result

It seems to be working fine at first glance, but monitoring with Verse shows that Transform is not updated at all.
When the player goes to the Transform output in verse, the player is blocked by a strange collision.

Platform(s)

windows

Additional Notes

If you want more information, write to me.
My English isn’t so good, but I’ll try my best.

The status of FORT-761666 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘To Do’.