When importing buildings directly from fortnite in flying man mode the project does not pass validation and does not start giving error messages

The error says:
LogValkyrieValidation: Error: [16] Found disallowed object type /Game/Balance/Physics/Materials/PhysData_Cloth.PhysData_Cloth

Hello @Avenom if you paste the .uasset names

into your outliner which actors show up?

Is that what you mean?

OMG I removed the flag on the building I added, which apparently was animated with that script in the bug, which was responsible for the physics, the project is running.
However, there is a question about the use of such items. This is a bug?

Right, if you copy the name of the uasset file (for example)
in the first log, you can paste that into the outliner

and it should show you which asset is causing the issue.

3 Likes

@Avenom was this a map from Creative 1.0? Or did you add the banner manually? I’m curious how the banner made it into your level. I’m able to add banners as part of prefabs into my level and don’t have any issues.

No, this is a new map created in Creative 2.0.
I added the tower this way:

After logging out of fortnite and logging in again this problem occurs.
Not only with this object, I was adding houses where the vegetation is contained, and instead of cloth in the logs was the name containing the type: "The physics of grass

1 Like

Ah wow gotcha. Let me try to reproduce. So you just added a prefab in Live Edit mode that has something with physics and then log out and back in?

Yes, that’s what happened

1 Like

Oh great, I was able to reproduce. Thanks a lot for the help you probably helped a lot of people with this.

1 Like

Glad to hear it)

1 Like

For anyone else that sees this thread with Validation errors related to Physics Materials:

The issue stems from placing assets in Live Edit rather than UEFN. If you place an asset with foliage or some cloth related asset in Live Edit and then exit Live Edit you might hit this issue.

My repro steps were:

• Open Project
  • Launch Live-Edit
  • Add any prefab that has an asset that references a Physics Material
  • Logout of Live Edit
  • (Close Fortnite client)
  • Try to launch session in UEFN again
  • Hit validation errors for various Physics Materials (so far I’ve seen foliage and cloth)

If you have a workflow like this please consider using UEFN to place foliage or avoid placing foliage/cloth in Fortnite (rather than UEFN).

Foliage and Cloth materials are the assets we’re currently aware of. If anyone sees any others please let me know. In order to get around the validation errors please use the method I mention above of searching the outliner for the uasset name to find the actors you need to delete.

We’re aware of this issue and a fix is already in the works. Sorry for the hassle and props to @Avenom for the repro steps, you get a huge gold star :smile:

EDIT: This issue appears to apply to many different assets and situations. Chests/Ammo boxes that are copied in Live-Edit might spawn a rare version which can throw Validation errors (fix already on the way). Destroying a Produce box from the Chest and Ammo Gallery can spawn a FortPickupAthena actor which might be un-delete-able and cause validation issues @MichaelRicks. See below for other examples but for now I’d be careful when editing in Live-Edit. We’re working diligently to get these fixed for you.

4 Likes

I seem to be having this issue and I placed everything inside of UEFN only. I do have some Color Picker Grass from FNC that I added but I added that within UEFN with the Live Edit option toggled on.
I might be confused here but is Live Edit when you are actually using your Fortnite Character to create similar to how we did before UEFN came out or is it just having the option toggled on within UEFN?

1 Like

Live Edit is when you fly your character in the game and add items like in version 1 was.
Try removing physics related items like cloth and grass simulation

@TheAweDam I’m speaking specifically about the former situation where you’re placing items using the creative phone tool like in creative 1.0. The “Live Edit” option in UEFN allowing for items placed in UEFN to be immediately visible in Fortnite and vice-versa may be part of the issue but I’ve yet to confirm that.

1 Like

Yeah I did not place the assets using FNC/Live-Edit. I used UEFN and I still had the same issue. Might be deeper than just using Live-Edit. I deleted the assets in UEFN that I added using UEFN and I am able to launch session now. Just wanted to note for you guys that I did not use Live-Edit to add the assets to the Island. I did have the option toggled on in UEFN though. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Removing the physics related items worked! Ty! Been in limbo for a bit here and this got me bac into my workflow!

1 Like

This seems to be happening with assets from the Container Gallery too, I placed chests and ammo boxes with Live Edit, and now this happened. I cannot launch live edit at all. These are screenshots I took yesterday, I took the code seen in the end of an asset and put it in the outliner, which immediately directed me towards one of the ammo boxes.

1 Like

Great Stuff @Extremez07SWE let me see if I can repro!

@Extremez07SWE can you post some screenshots? What gallery? What assets? Thanks!