When I’m working on a project and I press “play” to test it, the engine continuously opens a bunch of windows. It opens exactly 61 windows each time. I can’t close any of the windows, I’m pretty sure that’s because this causes a crash… I am using UE4 on Windows 10. I don’t know whats wrong and it is unplayable… Please help!
Please provide further information about your project and screenshots of the popup windows so we can help you. greetings
In order to troubleshoot this, we will need more information…
- Does this happen when you open a blank Blueprint Template (or Just your custom project)
- Which version of Play in Editor do you have selected (ie. Standalone game)
- Please provide your dxdiag
Here are some quick things you can do to try and fix right away:
- Right-click on the Contents folder in the Content Browser and select “Fix up redirectors in folder”
- On the “Build” tab in the Toolbar, select the down arrow and choose “Map Check” -fix all errors
- Save All.
- In the Project Folder, delete the Intermediate and Saved Folders
- If all else has failed, you can also delete the Config folder from the Project Folder, but this will result in having to re-input all custom settings in Project and Engine Settings.
Please try these steps and respond with the requested information.
Since we have not heard back from you in a few days we are marking this post resolved for tracking purposes. However, if you are still experiencing a bunch of tabs opening when you press play, please respond with the requested information above and we will continue to investigate.
I figured out the problem by myself, but thanks for the help. If anyone else has this problem, try clicking the arrow next to play and making sure that the multiplayer option is set to one. What happened is it was set to 61 so it was opening 61 builds of the game and crashing the engine.
Thanks, for posting your solution.