What would be a good blueprint for an 8 player tournament system?

Hello! I tried asking this question in the forums but there was no answer so I’ll try here. I am making a CCG and want to implement an 8 player tournament system (like in Tekken for example). I have found some assets but they are for UE 4.19 sadly. I am looking for examples of this system. I would prefer some marketplace assets but any videos or blog posts will do just as good.

Starting with an outline of the system, or various potential systems would help a ton in designing the blueprint and learning from videos / blog posts. One idea is to change the system from the usual 8-4-2-1 tourney breakdown. Something that emphasizes technical aspects of the game perhaps, rather than merely based on winning to exclude ALL losers from further participating. So, 8 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1, perhaps. Could make it a bit interesting in terms of the results for each bracket, such as in Tekken, the new idea is to reward points for unique combos and comebacks in which the player formerly losing by a large margin of health isn’t hit anymore and defeats their opponent without cheap tactics (such as easy and repetitive juggling). Actually, one addition could be to subtract points for using cheap tactics occasionally. That’s kinda what I mean by technical aspects, similar to a karate or kung fu championship / contest where points are awarded based on ingenuity, more difficult moves / defenses, initiative, and performing fluently / dynamically. A difficult thing to pull off in blueprints, probably, and depending on the game it could be practically impossible. Changing the tournament bracket system could be a start at innovation though.

You’ll probably need to search for info on multiplayer networking nodes, hierarchical event stuff, and UI blueprints that are applicable such as updating and displaying points, titles, names, the bracket system, and viewable data for results of the battles or whatever it is comprising the tourney events. I would start with how to design the initial layout of the bracket system in the UI and then learn how to build the internal workings of it in multiplayer. Definitely needs reference nodes, event nodes, and UI / current standings update nodes.