What language should I learn?

Hey guys. Obviously, my primary language is English. My secondary is Spanish. What language would be best to learn after I finish Spanish? I was thinking either French, because it’s fairly similar to Spanish, or German, just because I like that language. Which should I learn? Which is more fun, and easier to find classes for in the US? Which would be easier to learn after already knowing both English and Spanish? Which would be the most useful? Thanks!

C++!!!

http://language.media.mit.edu/visualizations/books/

actually learning C++ too XD Thanks for the link, will check that out!

I would like to learn english. :frowning:

English + Mandarin = The world is your oyster.

Your English is fine. Maybe learn Mandarin :slight_smile:

I would learn Mandarin if I were you, as it is a widely spoken language.

Thank you really for that :slight_smile:
Could i instead learn Orange?

Australian?

Otherwise, yes, as others have suggested, Mandarin is useful.

Japanese would be another decent option.

If you are going for experimental languages i could suggest you Bavarian.
When you are searching for a serious suggestion here, learn russia.
2018 after WW3 it will be new global worldlanguage, all other languages are obsolete and forbidden .

Lean klingon!!! there are like 40> fruent speakers around the world!!! xD

That depends on what you’re trying to do - visit the country and speak in native language or read their books/watch their movies.

Russian, Chinese or Japanese are worth learning imo.

not yap wa’ Hol.

C++ and Korean.
:slight_smile:

C++ and Chinese.

Hmm…
Russian? That’s a good one.
Chinese is a pretty good one too to learn these days.

Yep, we shall speak the language of our overloards. The cats!

Mandarin its only useful in China (and EEUU when they decide buy it :P), the languages more useful (by number of country who speak) are English and Spanish, perhaps French before Spanish if you want travel to africa.

if you are already known English(66 country’s around all continents), and Spanish(26 ditto) the next step its French (30 few in Europe, a lot of countrys in Africa)

A Surprising Map of the World Shows Just How Big China’s Population Is - Date: 2013-08-14
There are, as everyone knows, a lot of people in China; around 1.35 billion of them, or roughly 20 percent of the world’s population, live within the country’s borders. In order to comprehend what it means for one country to have one-fifth of the world’s population, this nifty map (from the indispensable @Amazing_Maps on Twitter) divides the world into five regions, each with the same population of China.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/china/populationmap.jpg

According to the map, we can see that:

The population of China is equivalent to the population of North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, and all of Western Europe -- combined.
The population of China is equivalent to the combined population of the former Soviet Union, plus Pakistan, Afghanistan, Finland, Poland, Slovakia, Romania, and Hungary. Oh, and all of Southeast Asia, Japan, and both Koreas.
The population of China is equivalent to the population of Africa, the Balkans, and the Middle East put together. 
The population of China is equivalent to that of the world's second most populous country, India, plus that of Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.

Source: A Surprising Map of the World Shows Just How Big China's Population Is - The Atlantic

http://www.internetworldstats.com/images/population2015.png

Top 10 in descending order.
China, India, US, Indonesia, Brazil, Pakistan, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Russia, Japan

Maybe Hindi might be of interest?

1b 1.5b 10b population does not matter for me still only useful in that country only, when the others its useful in 20 or 30 country’s or Portuguese in 10.

I at least prefer learn a language that can be useful in lot of country’s than in only one with billions of speakers.

I just see that chinesse and india make the 40% of the whole population in the world xD