What language should I learn?

I would like to learn C++, C#, Python, Lisp, and Prolog

I have a fall for japanese and mandarin, but never actually do start learning.

I say learn Latin so you can just lord it over your friends on how much smarter you are than they. Why be practical :slight_smile:

True but dialect exist in every country in the world. There are big differences inclusive in same country.
I from Galicia. Here we speak Galician (native) and Spanish, Galician its galaico-portugues language. I have minor problems for understand the north portuguese people, more problems with south portuguese. In my country there are differences (accent and words) between north gallaecia and south gallaecia, and my country its small.

You can’t expect learn all the dialects, you only should aspire learn the language base.

Hey everyone

I know most of the forums you just pointed out. I really like the how-I-learn-any-language Forum and Unilang and Omniglot are awesome too. The WordReference forum is a quality place as well and “traffic wise” it is just an incredible place with millions of posts!

At this point I would like to mention my own language learning forum, which is http://www.linguaholic.com.

We have a General Language Learning section as well as sub forums for many different languages. You might want to have a look! I will make sure to try out the language forums you mentioned that I did not yet come across!

kind regards Pega Training in Chennai | VMware Training in Chennai

Russian :slight_smile:

Go play CounterStrike:GO and you will learn Russian in about 6 months and you get to be frustrated at the same time. Win/win

Admittedly you may learn curse words before you learn anything of use but isn’t that how all great journeys start?

Well, you learn only the strong language part.

I want to learn Mandarin.

im surprised no one has mentioned minionese.banana!

An enormous amount of people do speak Mandarin - but the vast majority of those don’t interact with the rest if the world in any way. you’d be surprised just how isolated some parts of China are.

Speaking English and Spanish, French is a good option and should not be too difficult. Portuguese is also widely spoken and is not that dissimilar to Spanish.