What is the level blueprint parent class?

I wanna to use a macro from a blueprint macro library inside a level blueprint, so I create a blueprint macro library using Object as parent class (based on this Answer hub post), the problem is, I can’t call this macro in my level blueprint… and inside the level blueprint on the top right corner don’t show any parent class.

So, if I want to call a macro from a blueprint macro library inside a level blueprint what class should the macro library be parent of ?

You are probably looking for the wrong thing. Macros have a name for the “BP class” you create them within. This is what you name the BP in the content browser when you select a BP class to base the blueprint macro off of. And then when you open up that editor and actual create the “macro” it get s a “name” like making a new macro or function within a character BP or something, and you name that particular macro/function. This “sub name” is what you actually search for when you want to call it. So if you didn’t rename it, it is probably the default “NewMacro_0”. See screen shots below.

1. Custom macros called in level BP (works just fine, based off object class)
  2. Name of the blueprint that contains the macro
  3. Name of the macro you actually “search” and call within any blueprint you want, level or otherwise.

267962-custom-macros-2.jpg

You are right, I was looking for the wrong name, shame on me :smiley:
Thanks again :slight_smile: