What free assets can I use in my project & how to credit creative common?

Hello, I have a few questions about whether I can use assets from a Showcase project I downloaded free from the “Learn” tab in the Epic Games Launcher. I understand It says: “Licensed for use only with unreal engine-base products”. I’m working in a 360 short film and wanted to use some assets-such a rocks models, decals or particles, etc. The short film it’s not planned to be sold. At best, it will be screened in an art gallery and send to some virtual reality festivals. Also, in case I can use the mentioned assets, what would be the appropriated way of credit the artists?

Also, does anyone know how to credit creative common 3d models? Thank you in advance.

I guess you could credit Epic for the assets?

Quixel is now free and will have all the rocks and decals you could ever want.

Also check out the Marketplace, is has a lot of free content including particles.

It sounds like the showcase project you are referencing is UE-Only content, which means special terms from the EULA apply, namely:

For UE-Only Content, you may exercise your rights under the License only if and to the extent that the UE-Only Content is utilized in a Product that requires the Engine Code to operate or is a non-interactive linear media product (e.g., broadcast or streamed video files, cartoons, movies, or images) rendered using the Engine Code. 

In other words, you can use UE-Only content in your film projects. If you can identify the specific project you are using, we may be able to provide more info.

Thank you so much for your answer. I’m talking about the Particles Effects demo:

(That one)

Thank you for answering. Yes, I could credit Epic Games, but I thought I should credit the physical artists that made the scenario (Couldn’t find them though hehe)

Thanks! As noted above, the particle effects showcase is indeed licensed for use in UE projects only. To answer your other question regarding credits above, you aren’t required to credit the individual artists. If your product will otherwise have credits, however, you are required to include the following language (replacing xxxx with the current year):

“[Product name] uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere”

“Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – xxxx, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.”