What could be causing this lighting/shading issue on my mesh?

Hey guys, I’ve been trying to pinpoint what could be causing this shading problem when the light hits the mesh at the right angle and still haven’t been able to find a solution. I thought maybe thought the normals on my mesh were causing the issue but can’t replicate the issue in other programs such as Substance Painter and Marmoset Toolbag 3. It only occurs in Unreal at a specific angle. I can tweak the roughness values on the material and it can reduce the shading issue slightly but doesn’t get rid of it entirely. The scene is entirely dynamic which means it couldn’t be a lightmap issue either right? Kind of scratching my head on this one and would love some guidance on how to fix this issue!

It’s a bit of a long shot, but it does look a bit like Z fighting. Could you possibly be holding 2 hammers there?..

heh, I wish it was something that simple but unfortunately not :frowning:

Darn… :-/

Are the edges of the mesh, around where the error happens, maybe set to be “sharp” instead of “smooth” in your modelling software?
I know UE4 can be a bit problematic with such stuff. I ran also already in tons of render issues in UE4 that were looking absolutely fine in Painter.

It’s something I’ve also messed around with but no luck :confused: mesh edges are smoothed across the whole mesh