What content would you like to see on the learning portal?

Found something bout this. post here: Shadows with Orthographic Camera Not Working Properly ! - #5 by Ioading

I wanted to see a tutorial series with a complete workflow about the process of packaging the project and creating DLCs, updates, etc, also including bug fixes, Visual Studio building and debugging. Thank you.

Replication Graph

hi I waiting for api content for seeing

hii lie">

A complete new tutorial with the latest UE5 interface that shows the new FULLBODY-IK single node component in a full humanoid tutorial - PLUS ellbow and knee corrections! No character controller or anything else! Just the new IK system, so people can THEN afterwards start animating in sequencer or put an character controller on it.

It doesn’t exist!

All youtubers have the complicated old way, or their way to create a IK rig. Some are building a universe with the IK components to control a humanoid. O_O But the shortest way is not documented yet.

Also, you animation dev Kiaran Ritchie is a great developer, but a super bad teacher! He would be a very bad choice to explain things to others, if you follow some of your videos where he “tries” to explain things. In fact he doesn’t. He clicks around like you would’ve to know it already.

I want see create real village (small city). Complete , landsacape, BSP, texturing, meshes ,foliage. Example size level map. UE4 version.

I’d love to see a custom shadow solution that can be used with orthographic camera. (not low fov perspective) Because othographic camera has some serious problems with shadows. The most confusing part of this is that apparently I am the ony unreal user who wants to use shadows with orthographic camera.

1- How to make a login system with whatever Facebook Gmail or email and password and save data on them ( using Blueprint will be better ).

2- More content for mobile game developers.

3-More about how to use epic online services with Blueprint.

4-How to make a store system for earning money and how to secure this store

1 Like

In explanations of features, it would be extremely useful if common mistakes/issues developers might run into were also covered as much as possible. It can be frustrating when you are learning about a feature, try to implement it into a project, but find something isn’t working correctly and have nowhere to turn except this forum or the Unreal Slackers Discord server.

So maybe more talk of limitations of features, and/or including multiple use-cases for the feature being discussed would be helpful.

Since the Unreal Engine Documentation seems to only cover the basics of features, I’m sure many of us would gladly watch a feature deep-dive video that was several hours long if it helped us solve our problems (especially if the YouTube version had chapter markers setup). This would also likely reduce the amount of people posting redundant questions on the forums.

Example Feature Explanation:

“…While implementing [this feature], sometimes [this issue] can happen. If it does, you can try [this setting] or [this workaround]. Also, [this feature] cannot be implemented in [this] way or while also utilizing [this other feature] simultaneously.”

For instance, on a project earlier this year it took our team ~a week to figure out that enabling custom depth on a mesh component didn’t work at all if also using Ray-Traced Translucency. We ended up figuring it out on accident by going through settings on toggling features on and off.

This proposal is directed to the Product Manager Team or Business Development Team, regarding the learning portal.

With the increasing popularity of Unreal Engine and and its growing community, I propose that Epic Games create a subscription based platform, like “the Netflix” of learning, to try to compete with Patreon and Gumroad, offering creators a better profit-sharing model to attract and gather them under one roof. Establishing Unreal Engine as a leading platform for creative learning and sharing. Whose content does not have to be limited to unreal engine.

The rationale for this proposal is straightforward: I am interested in dozens of creators on Patreon, and this is not financially sustainable. We cannot afford to support each talented guy we see, I believe a centralized platform that provides quality instructors and content would not only benefit creators but also learners and Unreal Engine as a whole.

Advanced sequencer and take recorder features, and utilizing Media Render Queue in that pipeline. Sequencer triggering, gameplay machinima, sound tooling, component usage, etc. It’s an awesome learning portal.

1 Like

I would like to see a overlaid tutorial for unreal 5 that takes you through the entire process of making a finished game from start to finish, using every tool ue5 has. the system wouldn’t need to know if you did the steps, just take you through them.

When considering content for a learning portal, it’s important to offer a diverse range of resources to cater to different learning styles and needs:

1. Course Materials: Provide structured courses, tutorials, and guides on various subjects, from beginner to advanced levels, ensuring a comprehensive learning experience.
  2. Interactive Elements: Incorporate quizzes, assignments, and interactive simulations to engage learners and reinforce their understanding.
  3. Video Lectures: Offer video lectures or webinars by subject matter experts to provide a visual and auditory learning experience.
  4. Community Forums: Foster a sense of community by including discussion forums where learners can ask questions, share insights, and collaborate with peers.
  5. Resource Libraries: Curate a repository of articles, research papers, eBooks, and other reference materials to encourage self-paced exploration and deeper learning.

By offering a mix of these content types, you can create a well-rounded learning portal that caters to a diverse audience and their various learning preferences.