What caused ghosting effect after varying texture uvs?

Hello,everyone.
I vary the texture sample uvs in dynamic material by time. But there is ghosting effect in static mesh which uses the dynamic material to render.Has anyone encountered a similar phenomenon? What caused it?

Try turning Lumen off… :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply ,but after turning off lumen,the ghosting is still

1 Like

Can you make a little vid of it?

blur.zip (3.9 MB)
i always fail to upload mp4 file,only compressed files can be uploaded :sweat_smile:

What happens if you don’t use the emissive pin, just the normal color?

all black

Hmm, can’t be. Can you show the material?

These two custom nodes are used to calculate the uvs

Well, no idea, of course.

But I don’t understand why the albedo doesn’t work for testing :slight_smile:

Okey,actually,there is another way.I will use renderdoc to capture one frame to check which step causes this. And if i fix it i’ll let you know.Wait for my good news!

1 Like

It’s not lumen. It’s whatever temporal solution he is using(TSR or TAA). It’s blending the past frames together and no motion vectors are outputting from his material. You got to find output velocity in the material.

3 Likes

yes,it works! It’s TSR.What should i do to against the TSR effect in the material? what do you mean of output velocity?

Alright np, I helped and explained this already to another person having issue with ghosting. Same stuff applies here.

And some extra stuff. If you have a monitor above 1080p you can leave r.TemporalAA.Upscaling=1.(TAAU instead of TAA) Anything below 1080p that doesn’t look very good.

You can test between frameweight .3 to .255. 3 being the sharpest with just I tiny bit of flickering or .255 will most likely stop flickering but cause thin objects to look like Vaseline if poured on your screen.

If you are using TAAU. The lower your r.Screenpercentage, the lower frame weight is needed to stop flickering.

Look for an output velocity in your material.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.