What Are You Working On? Community Screenshots & Videos

Absolutely. I have only some basics with lighting so far, but I’ve seen friends work on lighting tweaks for hours - there is a LOT to tweak and dial to get the correct results.

I almost broke my computer screen trying to get lighting to work in one of my artviz scene.
my rage hasn’t sufficed yet. i think i won’t touch ue4 for a week.
sigh.

anyway a preview to a office asset pack im working on.
are a few non-final wip light switches.
these i randomly picked to showcase.

://abload.de/img/wipassetsqhr17.

Unreal Racing

I have been having a lot of fun just toying around with the different templates and features, with my latest effort being a racing level based on the Vehicle Game template!
Unfortunately for some reason i couldn’t attach the images so I’ll share a folder with some screenshots : www…/sh/3wt1sj5wf1nr7ry/AADRPm7UufllHwp7TRrYWGuda?dl=0

// Linus “Jolner” Borgström - Sweden

^ nice. I definitely see shades of DFAO at work in those screeens.

my project )

PoissonDisc random distribution plugin

Working on getting my PoissonDisc sample distribution plugin to work fast. So far, so good:

:///Sl2k843l.jpg:///5mKNlHql.jpg

Unfortunately, since I couldn’t find an option for depth independent alpha blending, is how it looks from the other side:

:///qq9jOEql.jpg

Not sure how I can fix that, if at all.

Are you using a translucent shader? If its for grass…just switch to masked and use subsurface instead of translucent. That should help. Looks nice btw :wink:

Example use of the Random.Distribution plugin (PoissonDisc2D)

Thanks , I’ve adjusted the material to your suggestion and it sorts correctly now. See for yourself:
:///PGhVO6Nl.jpg=hXuu5hC13Yo
runs at ~40 fps on my system, which is quite a bit outdated now (AMD FX6100, Radeon HD 5770 UC). I’m surprised that Unreal Engine 4 isn’t more taxing on my system.

HAHAH nice! I recognise that bear… kill it kill it!!

I am new to Unreal 4 engine, shifting over from the Source Engine so I am slowly learning what I can do with engine and I can say it is ! I began modeling up some industrial props last week and just threw together a little sample room of some pipes I created. The first has the default M_Metal_Steel material applied and the second has the M_Metal_Burnished_Steel. Two of the exact same scenes with a completely different look from the different materials. For some reason I cannot upload the images From my computer or from Photo bucket so is my link.
://s24.photobucket/user/jim_fulton1/media/pipe5_zpsced5c787.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Shiny! :cool:

Like the wall as well. Are some of the bricks actually modeled to get that depth in the cracks? Wondering how many polys it is.

is flat plane.Normal map is baked from high poly sculpt in Zbrush. :slight_smile:

Wow, no tessellation even? Looks really nice, gotta spend more time on normal maps. :slight_smile:

Nope, no tessellation.Look where the geometry intersects, it’s absolutely flat. :slight_smile:

Looking great so far! Why not starting your own WIP Thread? Would love to see you progress :slight_smile:

Greets from Stuttgart, Mo

Started rewriting my threaded zip reader.

Previously, it was doing (roughly) process to load a texture:

• Read (from disk) the zip header structure.

• If a request to load the compressed data into a buffer hasn’t been made, make it (same with timer that checks the requests).

• In the timer, if the compressed load is finished ( is via FIOSystem::LoadData btw), prepare and fire off the thread to decompress it and also generate the mip data for the texture.

• Also in the timer function, it checks the decompress/mip gen tasks and if finished, creates a texture and puts it into the cache.

• In blueprint, the cache is checked and if there’s a texture that was being requested and it shows up, it’s set onto the page mesh as a dynamic material instance.

Well, that works great for 1-2 pages, but quickly bloats up memory for loading a whole comic, and also introduces some hangs due to reading the zip header over and over (unnecessarily).

So I’ve restructured it quite a bit, and the result (not yet ) is going to be a cleaner process:

• For a given zip file, if it hasn’t had info cached yet, it will submit an FIOSystem::LoadData for the entire zip file.

• Once that comes back (checked in the timer), a task is created to decompress and generate mip data (the task now just gets a pointer to the compressed zip data - no more copying around buffers, and since it’s being read only, there’s no worry about doing it in the thread).

• Task decompresses the data from the compressed zip buffer (an offset is added to the pointer, corresponding with the zipped file to load).

• After it’s decompressed, the data is loaded from jpg into a raw bitmap buffer, and then a mip buffer is generated (pointer passed in to the task).

• When the task is complete, the mip data will be copied into the texture.

In addition to that, I’ve set it up to use a smarter cache system, which will load the requested page and 3-4 pages after it (if available). It will request new pages and unload old ones when getting about halfway through the currently loaded pages.

Later on, I’d like to also keep a cache of half-sized pages to show if the page requested is still being loaded.

I changed some things around and implemented delayed generated to save some memory on large generation amounts. Now the generation time is down to 200ms for just the grass.
=i10FoUzieLc

Since the 2d side of the plugin is now , all that is left to do is add the third dimension to it and then release it to the .

=9KZzQy65gZM

Figured it was about time we started posting some gameplay :slight_smile: was our first playtest one-on-one. We just had another with free-for-all 5 guys with added rockets that switch away everything in the blast radius - it was blast! (pun intended)

Cross posted from : .unrealengine/showthread.php?35452-Switch-Multiplayer-FPS-Where-players-design-the-environment

Yeah…looks like good fun ! :slight_smile: