Welcome to new "Epic for Indies" community space

Hello, Martina here. Welcome to the newly launched Epic for Indies community!

I’m the community manager for the indie space and most importantly a former indie developer myself. As I see it, being an indie is about embracing creativity, passion, and the freedom to explore your own vision. It’s also about taking risks, experimenting with unique ideas, and crafting games that resonate with your personal experiences and stories. I’d love to invite you to become a part of our community where we value collaboration, support, and shared learning.

As a former indie developer, I understand some of the challenges you face. In the 2000s, my team and I started work on our first indie game in Argentina. We faced plenty of difficulties but we quickly realized that collaboration and community were key to survival. When we met other indie devs who were grappling with the same issues it completely changed our trajectory, and through sharing experiences and knowledge, we found solutions together. And that is exactly the idea behind this Epic For Indies community.

Whether you’re just starting out or have years of experience, there’s a place for you here. Connect with fellow developers, share your projects, and learn from each other. Together, we can celebrate the indie spirit and encourage one another to create amazing games that leave a significant mark on our players. Come introduce yourself on our forums and become a part of our community!

Front page - Noteworthy forum threads.
Learning Library - Tutorials, both from Epic and the community. Feel free to create and share anything useful via the tutorial editor!
Forums - This place. A space to ask questions or discuss things async.
Discord server - To chat live.
News - Announcements and highlighted indie games.
Events - Regular Livestreams, Office Hours, Ask Me Anything, and technical sessions

Epic and our partners regularly provide opportunities to indie devs through for example interviews, tech blogs or organizing a presence at events to help with visibility, alongside assistance with funding or publishing via initiatives like the Megagrants or via introductions. Be sure to show us your game via the showcase forum, or if you’d like to ping us about your game privately you can do so via Tell Us About Your Game on the Dev Portal.

Thanks to our collaborating partners: AMD, Amazon AWS, Game Pill, Headup, SideFX/Houdini, Hype Train, Nvidia, Raw Fury, and Wacom.

My hope for this community is that it becomes a space where you and your projects can grow, both creatively and professionally.

Let me us know if you have any questions, requests, or if you want to show us your game!

7 Likes