Weird Screen Space Reflections

The SSR in my map looks really weird (looks like it’s getting rendered multiple times(?))

224674-capture.png

Here’s another pic without the normal map on the bottom surface:

224684-capture0.png

**Some settings I have:**

PostProcessVolume with SSR Quality 100, Intensity 100 and Max Roughness 0.6.

In my project settings, Anti-aliasing is set to Temporal AA.

I haven’t altered the Mannequin’s default material.

r.SSR.Quality 4

The surface’s material:

**Question:** Why is this happening? Is it because the Mannequin's material blend mode is set to masked? Any workarounds?

Hi,

SSR depend on the angle of view, if the object is above the surface and you look at it from above, it can be the cause of this weird reflections. But problem is that your material is incorrect. Metallic input can only reciveve 1 or 0 values and nothing else, your roughness has really low value, that means that your surface will be very shiny and reflective. I don’t think that floor should be as reflective as a mirror. And last but not least, if you already use roughess input, you should not use specular in most cases.

Thank you for your answer.

According to the documentation, the Metallic variable can take anything within the 0-1 range, although values that are not equal to 0 or 1 are rare (1.2 - Metallic | Unreal Engine Documentation).

Increasing the Roughness makes the problem less noticeable, but doesn’t completely fix it. I did end up just increasing it like you said so I will mark this as solved.

In your case, I would recommend to use planar reflections for such surfaces as floor. It will completely solve your problem. You can read about planar reflections here.