I am getting weird shadow issues on my landscape, disabling dynamic shadows fixed this by removing all the sand ripple shadows but I would like to get them working if possible, also the displacement that I am doing creates some weird artifacts.
Anyone seen this before or have any idea how to fix it?
When I first load a level and stuff is not cached(?) I get similar, but once I start moving around they seem to fall away as stuff-is-built for the editor session(?):
What nanite-displacement settings are you using? Granularity in the landscape (units-squared) and the material itself? I found my 0 → 1 masks were giving me very stark/steep displacement effects so I had to tone down values in the material-settings, with some softening in the material based on slope. I get this is largely driven by the textures I made, but displacement being so granular over such a short (vertical) distance, seems prone to needing some fine-tuning..
I am also fully dynamic shadows, max-settings and still occasionally see things like you are, but they always get ‘built-away’ for me.. BuildAllLevels seems to usually do a good job for me here.
EDIT: I WILL say at some glancing-angles, zoomed in type shots, I still get artifacts (I’m in 5.7.4)