Weird material after converting BSP to static mesh

I’m very new to UE4 and have a problem with the material on a static mesh I converted from a BSP cube. The material should be basically just white but instead there’s a crazy zebra print-like look to it. After I converted it, I set the Light Map Resolution of the mesh to 128 as advised on other threads, but now I don’t know what the problem is. Am I missing a step in the conversion process? Or are my light settings messed up? My Lightmass settings are included in the screenshot I’ve attached.

I’m having a really hard time understanding how to control lighting correctly in UE4 since I can’t find enough comprehensive tutorials. How did you all learn about UE4 lighting? I feel like the documentation is not elaborate enough and more like a quick reference for users. I would really appreciate any help!

Hmm, for me it looks like you have accidentally applied a texture to your white materil -> go an check it again. Is it like that just after you have built the light or also when you use dynamic lights?

It looks like that after building the light and also when I add in new lights.
I looked at the material and apparently there were 3 materials on the mesh, as if the mesh had saved all the materials I had previously tried with it when it was just a brush. I created a new brush, applied one material, and converted it to a static mesh, then built the lighting and it seems fine. Not sure what happened. The effect happened to one other mesh in the scene, so I recreated that one too and now they seem fine :confused: