Weird lighting and exposition after rendering

I’m new to Unreal and I’m having an issue with the scene lighting once I render a video.
It either flicks between normal (what I see in the viewport and sequencer thumbnail) and very overexposed, or simply renders very overexposed lighting.
This only appears once I render the video as mentioned I see the lighting as normal in the viewport.
I have already made sure that the camera does not leave the lightmass volume.

I have attached screenshots from the video.

1 Like

Are you sure the photos are marked correctly? It looks to me you have them switched because the one that you say is overexposed looks normal
The other one just looks like you’re in a different viewport shading mode

darthviper107
Regardless of the notation on the photos, there’s still a problem that needs to be addressed.

Cath.caya
I don’t know exactly what the problem could be, since I don’t work in that kind of rendering, but here are a few suggestions:

• Make sure your graphics card / driver meets the standards of the engine.
  • Are your rendering settings on Scalable 2D/3D? If they’re on high quality, and you’re using Temporal AA, that might cause this. (Temporal AA made my own lighting horrible and created a ghosting effect.)
  • Look at the exposure setting on your post process volume (if you have one). If you don’t have one, add one and turn the exposure down to see if that changes anything.
  • Do you have a Sky Light with intensity over 1.0?

Hi,

I’ve tried what you said and used a computer with a better graphic card. It didn’t change anything, however when I add the post-process volume the ‘overexposed’ render after the flash doesn’t render anymore. I only have the beginning of the video with the normal lighting and then a ‘flash’ and the rest of the video is black.
I don’t know if it helps to narrow down the issue.

Thank you,

Could you please post a short video showing the beginning of the render until after it goes black?