Weird light artifacts

Hi. I have this weird light artifact on the Geo Cache of the big frog. As you can see from the video below, looks like the body gets illuminated somehow at some point of the shot, even though there are no lights doing that. I’m working with lumen, i tried to turn the GI to Screen space just for testing purpose but no luck. Anyone has any suggestions? Thank you.

UPDATE: actually it is Llumen, after farther investigation i’ve found out that switching to screen space with the post process volume fixes it, but i would like to keep the Lumen GI and get rid of this artifact if someone knows a way to do it. Thanks

Try and turn off Screen Traces for the Lumen GI

Hey thanks for the reply! I have tried to disable it from viewport>show>lumen and turning it off but no luck, the issue is still there both in the viewport and also if i render it out. Any other suggestions? Thank you!

If you are using 5.4 you can turn screen traces off in the PPV. If you are on an earlier version you need cvars.

r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.ScreenTraces 0
r.Lumen.Reflections.ScreenTraces 0

Hi again. I turned off the Screen traces from the PPV but as you can see the issue is still there. I did a test within a new level, and the artifact it still there, even though much less obvious. I forgot to mention that the original scene is the ValleyOfTheAncient unreal environment. Here are the two new tests i did.
Thank you for all the help.

And this is the same but with GI set to Screen Space

What does the lumen scene overview look like in those frames? Any clue there?

Hey @comlys thanks for the suggestion. Actually something weird is happening, the mesh seems to disappear in the lumen overview. Any idea what it could be?

Ok it is something related to the distance from camera, i’ve tried to bring the character closer and this solves the issue. Weird thing is that i’ve played with the “Lumen scene view distance” and the “Lumen scene Detail” in the PPV as someone suggested in other topics, but nothing change, not even if i increase or decrease the numbers significantly.

After farther investigation, i should have fixed it following this topic

I will render it out in the next weekend and see if everything it’s fine.

Interesting. Are you using a really long lense?

Yes if I don’t remember wrong I’m using a 120ish mm lense for this shot. Could that be the problem?