Web Remote Control doesn't work in a packaged exe

Is it possible to use Web Remote Control features in a packaged exe? For example, I am able to use Web Remote to change the color of a light from the browser and it works fine in the Unreal Editor. But when I package it for Windows platform and run the exe, the light color doesn’t change in the running application to reflect the changes I make in the browser. If this feature is currently only usable within the Editor are there any future plans to provide it for packaged products?

Did you setup the firewall inbound rules for the package?
Does the remote control and the package run on different computer?

Greets

Hi, Yes I have already setup the firewall inbound rules for the package, and both remote control and the package run on the same computer.

Hi, Yes I have already setup the firewall inbound rules for the package, and both the remote control and the package run on the same computer.

I encountered the same problem and it’s very weird. After I pack the game exe, the remote ctrl service can also access and I can only read properties of actors (it’s movable), but can’t set them or call any functions of them. The response is 400 and said ‘the function SetRelativeTranslation not exist on xxx’. It surely exist in edit and PIE mode. Does anybody success to modify actor properties or call functions in a packed exe game? Or anyone knows is it not possible certainly? Please help…

I mean SetRelativeLocation something. I can not remember the func name exactly, but its accessable in Editor and PIE mode.

Yes it works (4.26) without any issue on my development build. You have send correct requests as mentioned in the documentation.