Weapons from Melee Designer device completely unusable.

Please select what you are reporting on:

Creative

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Devices

Summary

I’m developing a map in Fortnite Creative mode (NOT UEFN). This map uses the “Melee Designer” device which is an integral part of the map, allowing me to create weapons. However, I’ve run into a severe bug that breaks this device entirely. None of the melee weapons created function properly on my island. They do 0 damage to everything, Fiends, wildlife, players etc. This issue makes finishing the map impossible. Other people online have had this same problem and attempted to troubleshoot/fix it themselves to no avail. This is very frustrating as I’ve spent hundreds of hours on this map.

Steps to Reproduce

No clue why this happens, however someone on Reddit suggests that it could be caused by classes because removing the Class selectors/changing his class fixed the issue. However, I myself have not been able to replicate this.

Expected Result

The Sword/Hammer created by the Melee Designer device should work as intended, dealing damage to PvE/PvP enemies depending on the stats you give it.

Observed Result

Regardless of the stats, the weapons do 0 damage and therefore don’t function at all.

Platform(s)

Xbox/Playstation/PC

Seems I’ve found the issue. This bug only happens when the player is on class 1. On any other class they work as intended.