Weapon Master VR Support Thread

Updates for all marketplace items are free. You only pay if they rerelease it as a new project. Example one marketplace seller had a pack for VR hands and was talking about a sci fi update but released the sci fi vr hands as a separate pack instead.

yeah figured as much but never know. thanks for the infor though.

As mentioned above updates are free. We will raise the price as the value increases for new buyers. Early adopters reap the benefits of helping us mold the asset into what should be extremely comprehensive in the near future.

The rough ETA is hard to nail down since once we submit release time is up to epic and their asset queue. I am nearly done cleaning everything up to be in a release state (getting rid of test functions, unused variables, adding in missing comments and variable definitions). Weapon Master is not a small asset at all so this part takes some time. For those curious WM is currently 113 blueprints (including children), 33 skeletal meshes, 133 textures, 25 materials, 42 sounds, and around 30 animations. If you look at our update schedule you can imagine just how much more complex the asset is going to get feature-wise.

While I want to keep things relatively simple on the users end (ie your end), the back end of an asset that aims to recreate weapon handling across a lot of functionally different firearms is…daunting. So, naturally, its taking me some time :P. I will try to get things done as fast as possible though.

To be honest, it bothers me that Weapon Master 1.0 only covers Simple Weapons, Magazine Weapons, Attachments 1.0, and bows. That is the reason the price starts at $50 and not $100. There are weapon types currently missing that I wont get to for some time like revolvers, breach loaders, belt fed machine guns, meaningful melee combat, thrown weapons, rocket launchers, etc. Once all of that is in I predict the price will be closer to $100 than $50.

We found this footage on the corpse of one of our Beta testers. Hope yall enjoy!

More videos coming soon!

This looks great! Looking forward to the release. Definitely will be purchasing as soon as it is available.

amazing! soon as this drops you can have my money :stuck_out_tongue: this will allow me to move forward on my project greatly…

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know we will be submitting to Epic on Sunday. Sorry for the week delay, my grandmother passed last weekend and my wife and I traveled to Tennessee to be with family. There will be a few more feature videos leading up to submittal. After submitting I will start making various tutorial videos so yall will be ready to go on the day epic releases Weapon Master.

Sorry for your loss :frowning: Hope all goes well with the submission process.

Just wanted to let yall know we have started the submission process. I have also updated the OP with two new 1080p 60fps videos, and I should have a few more videos out this week. We will let you know when we hear back from Epic. Have a good one!

Sorry about your grandmother.
The product looks excellent and looks like you’ve put a lot of effort into it, I’ll be picking it up for sure.

Sounds great. Looking forward to it!

SO are we able to buy this yet? Im starting my next game in 2 months, and just buying this will save a ton of time and frustration!
never mind on the buying date, just saw your other post from yesterday

We have submitted. Not sure what the queue is for epic right now. I will let yall know when I hear anything!

Also, added two more videos.

Basic Firearms

Bow and Arrow

Work with 4.15? and Teleport Walking?

We have a directional teleport. The first thing going into WM post release are a point and aim teleport, simple locomotion (push button move in that direction), and left hand support. You wont even have to wait for 1.1 for that stuff, they are going in as a patch.

For those that are asking, we are looking into for people who want to buy early. My hesitation is, I am not sure what to upload to to make installation easy. I assume it would just be Content and Config folders along with the launcher file? We will let yall know what we decide soon.

Thanks for the update! could be a good option if the timeline for the marketplace release will be extensive. Any estimate on how long it will take before marketplace approval/release?

Upload to the exact same stuff that you’d send to the marketplace: Project file, content folder, config folder, source textures/geometry/sound. Users can work out the rest pretty easily.

Given the interest here I’d definitely launch on first and then release on the Epic MP later. Avoid that 30% fee for people who already know about it. :slight_smile:

Ill buy early to test. Why not use Gumroad? If you just load in something like the the shooting range level with all weapons it will be easy to just migrate into a game project. Ie. Right click on level to migrate that way it pulls everything you have working in the shooting range level.

//edit// Probably put in a note on exporting/importing inputs and any gamemode setup info for anyone who might not know how to do it.

For those that wish to purchase from , do you want me to finish some tutorials before releasing it, or just let yall dive in? I actually have it uploaded to and ready to sell but I don’t want yall to be lost, unless you dont care :P.

If you sell it today I’m buying it today.

For those people that do buy it early on you can also offer them a free marketplace entitlement once you do launch it on the MP so that they get easier access to updates later. You just have to email Epic with their UE email addresses requesting the entitlement be granted.