Water body's ocean waves are glitching

Hello,

I got a question about the UE4.26 water plugin.
When I place an WaterBodyOcean actor into my level, the waves have a weird glitch.
It’s like the mesh is breaking and segments are overlapping each other, like my image below.

This image is made in UE5 early acces, but I have the exact same problem in UE4.26.

I have not changed any parameter. This is the result out of the box.

The only 2 solutions I have found are to set the steepness of the waves to 0 or the tesselation of the waves to something below 4, which both are no real solutions ofcourse.

I haven’t seen this glitch appear anywhere else on other people’s videos about this new water system.
Does someone knows why it happens, and how to solve it?

That is just a part where normals of the wave invert due to overlap. Either reduce steepness, or handle it material. For example, you can check if normal’s z component is pointing downwards and if so, flip the normals.

I’m having the same exact issue! Strait out of the box, no parameters changed. The water looks so bad and nothing like other videos :frowning: I even verified my 4.26 installation and it still looks like this.

Did you have any luck sorting this out? I have the exact same issue and it’s a real PITA…