Water Body Ocean not showing up on landscape?

Can anyone work out what’s going on here, I originally made a level loaded a landscape onto it and added a waterbodyocean to it and it worked fine

Then I made a 2nd lvl loaded up a similar but new landscape into it and dragged out a new waterbody ocean on it and it refused to show up on the landscape

The only thing I notice is the waterzone of this has a filled in waterinfotexture on the working one it seems to be self-generated it claims to be from /Engine/Transient but there is no such folder at least not accessible to you, if you mouse over for long enough on the working one it shows /Script/Engine.TextureRenderTarget2D’/Engine/Transient.WaterInfoTexture_21614’

Now this seems to be defined i think by the WaterInfoMaterial default of DrawWaterInfo in the WaterBodyOcean>Rendering section, but for whatever reason the WaterZone of the none working one does not this waterinfotexture generated even though its WaterBodyOcean seems to have the same default defines.

Any ideas on how to make it show up?, and hence have water on the landscape?

update: ok new info I imported the same updates landscape into the one with the working water and said water disappeared on that to so… ??? doh

update 2: well after much testing I seem to see the culprit is one specific splatmap

Alas this splatmap doesnt even cover the area the water was on but when on the map water poofs, though sometimes u gotto reload before it poofs though others its instant, it doesnt matter which layer it goes onto but this specific file prevents water from going on landscape entirely… this makes it even more confusing as to why though.