"Warpath" a Game Designed by Me

I almost got a lump-sum of 20,000$ USD, but then didn’t – I won’t go into specifics. Had I gotten that money, then I would’ve paid people to make my game for me.

I may not know anything about programming or game production, and I don’t use fancy services like Discord or Skype, but I sure as hell know how to design a game unlike any of these Indie developers and triple-A game developers, where all their stuff’s the same. Sure, the example given may not be a perfectly-designed game, but I can do way better, and I can make better-looking graphs, too. I for one, want ugly gargoyles holding onto the spinning wheels and making silly faces.

The game is not as complex as I would like, and it needs more complexity, as I like complicated and abstract-minded games.

The graph doesn’t tell everything about the game. Armor and weapons would be damageable, and new items would have to be gotten eventually, by some means.

The game’s name is “WARPATH” because the whole point of the game is adventuring throughout the world, collecting gear, and battling players. There would be safe-havens where you can’t get spawn-killed. The game’s map – or continent – would be divided into sections, each section increasing 1 stat by 1 point, as in this game, time and place are very important. I also figure I could add more wheels, or increase stats’ cap, in order to increase the game’s complexity, but if I increased stats’ cap, there would be too many unknowns.

The one problem with this game, is that the “HP” stat, and the “Size” stat, are redundant. However not completely so, because larger players wouldn’t be able to fit into smaller places, and I figure I can remedy the redundancy by making the size stat reduce another stat.

Do note that you’re currently talking to Indie developers and triple-A game developers, we inhabit this space - why introduce yourself like this, antagonising both groups from the get-go?

Sure, confidence is important, but here the immediate impression is of Dunning-Kruger.

Also, “Ideas are Worthless, Execution is Everything”. $20k is not enough to have people make the game for you, no matter how great the concept is. $$$ a nice kick-starter since you could acquire assets and it would pay for courses / tutoring but you’ll need to put in the elbow grease in eventually.

Regarding complicated and abstract mechanics, there’s also the question of who you’re making the game for. Sounds a bit like you want to make it for yourself rather than a wider audience. I can imagine this being a therapeutic experience where you do not need to work towards other people’s expectations. :slight_smile:

Or am I completely wrong?

1 Like

As previously mentioned, if this post is to attract others into making this game with you, you just shot yourself in the foot. Most people working in this industry are secretly dreaming of becoming one day an indie or AAA developer.
And boasting about how you can do much better game design tells me one thing: a great big gap between confidence and competence, which is not an appealing attribute to have.
good luck!

1 Like

It seems I’ve angered some people, and this was, however, not my intention. This may anger more people, but I must say that there’s a whole world of programmers out there, and barely any well-designed games. See, I am a chess player, and I like my games to be brain-testers, or at least to have a lot of choices, possibilities, and strategies.

I also run on an old operating system (I wouldn’t use Windows 10 if my life depended on it), and will try to program the game myself. I, after all, have a disability and cannot do much, so I have plenty of time to figure out how to make my game myself.

I can’t stand to look at games designed by other people, just like how Moondog couldn’t stand to listen to any music except his own. Other people’s games just aren’t pleasing to my savage eyes (I’ve been called, before, a “jerk italian savage”).

I will also mention that ATMOSPHERE is very important to me, as I like the dark atmosphere’s of games such as the Japanese game Ib, and I also like the dark atmosphere of the anime called “Another.”

Ever so slightly bemused rather than angry. Can’t say I find the attitude appealing but perhaps you’re here not to captivate us with amicable personality but instead impress with the skillset.

Looking forward to the updates. Welcome and good luck!

I figure I’ll ditch these forums. I’m not bitter, I just don’t see any point in posting if folks aren’t interested in my works. Not to mention I don’t belong anywhere, and I do not go where I am not wanted. You see, I am a hikikomori, and I don’t care much for talking to people – not even on the internet.

Nobody said they weren’t interested… Its just when you post controversial stuff, people are more likely to talk about that then your game.

I almost got a lump-sum of 20,000$ USD, but then didn’t – I won’t go into specifics. Had I gotten that money, then I would’ve paid people to make my game for me.

I may not know anything about programming or game production, and I don’t use fancy services like Discord or Skype, but I sure as hell know how to design a game unlike any of these Indie developers and triple-A game developers, where all their stuff’s the same. Sure, the example given may not be a perfectly-designed game, but I can do way better, and I can make better-looking graphs, too. I for one, want ugly gargoyles holding onto the spinning wheels and making silly faces.

The game is not as complex as I would like, and it needs more complexity, as I like complicated and abstract-minded games.

The graph doesn’t tell everything about the game. Armor and weapons would be damageable, and new items would have to be gotten eventually, by some means.

The game’s name is “WARPATH” because the whole point of the game is adventuring throughout the world, collecting gear, and battling players. There would be safe-havens where you can’t get spawn-killed. The game’s map – or continent – would be divided into sections, each section increasing 1 stat by 1 point, as in this game, time and place are very important. I also figure I could add more wheels, or increase stats’ cap, in order to increase the game’s complexity, but if I increased stats’ cap, there would be too many unknowns.

The one problem with this game, is that the “HP” stat, and the “Size” stat, are redundant. However not completely so, because larger players wouldn’t be able to fit into smaller places, and I figure I can remedy the redundancy by making the size stat reduce another stat.

1. Your game doesn’t exist. It’s just an idea at this stage and ideas aren’t worth anything so no wonder the investor did not give you 20,000 when they realized you had nothing.

2. You have posted this in the wrong forum section. I don’t think the Community>Work In Progress is mean’t for ideas, but actually to show off stuff that exists.

3. Try not to antagonize people if you want to make it in this industry. To claim you are better designer than most “Indie developers and triple-A game developers” when all you currently have is an infographic to show is either arrogance or delusions of grandeur.

1 Like