Warning: Recreating dtNavMesh instance due to saved navmesh origin

Hey, I’ve been getting this warning error after upgrading to 4.24, not sure exactly what it means or what I should do. Has anyone else experienced this?

The warning appears in the Output log after opening a map under my persistent map in world composition. The level opens successfully, but it requires saving immediately, even though I didn’t do anything.

‘LogNavigation: Warning: Recreating dtNavMesh instance due to saved navmesh origin (X=-306900.000 Y=-60450.000 Z=0.000, usually the RecastNavMesh location) not being aligned with tile size (988 uu)’

What does this warning mean? I would obviously like to get rid of it.

Should I adjust the tilesize on my navmesh recast? What does this do?

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Peace!

I’m using version 2.26 and faced same issue, tried looking for a solution but couldn’t find so started messing with a few settings and fixed it!

It’s been awhile since you posted so don’t know if you still looking for a solution but in case anyone else having same issue, open details panel of RecastNavMesh-Default in your level, set transform location to 0,0,0 and under Generation settings set Nav Mesh Origin Offset to 0,0,0

Lastly, still under Generation tab at top, set the the Tile Size UU to 988, this will make it rebuild again but afterwards warning should be gone,

2 Likes

Thanks! That did the trick for me.

But I have other warning that is just giving me a headache, is says this:

LogNavigationDirtyArea: Warning: Skipping dirty area creation because of empty bounds (object: StaticMeshComponent /Game/MyGame/Maps/MyMapName/Level_WBX_OLD.Level_WBX_OLD:PersistentLevel.Blockout_Box.NODE_AddStaticMeshComponent-0)

If you also know how to fix this it will be great.

Thanks anyway!!

Thanks for posting Luis! I also had exactly the same problem.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but did you ever manage to fix your ‘skipping dirty area creation because of empty bounds’ warning spam? I have exactly the same thing. Using a static navmesh in world composition. The navmesh is contained in the persistent level and covers multiple world composition tiles.

LogNavigationDirtyArea: Warning: Skipping dirty area creation because of empty bounds (object: FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent /Game/Maps/Maps_Main/Zone4/L_Z4_BanditCampSurrounds_B_01.L_Z4_BanditCampSurrounds_B_01:PersistentLevel.InstancedFoliageActor_0.FoliageInstancedStaticMeshComponent_7)

Cheers!