WARNING: Known issues with graphics driver

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro [Version 10.0.22621.1413]
Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M (Lenovo)
ForceWare version: 425.31
Unreal Engine 5.1.1

I have an old notebook running Windows 11 x64, recently installed Unreal 5.1.1. On running the Unreal Editor 5.1.1 it always pop up the following message:

1. I have loaded a project and set the RHI to DirectX 11 via Unreal Editor; Edit → Project settings → Platforms → Windows → Default RHI” and select DirectX 11, on loading that project, it also pops up message above.

I have try to install latest NVidia GeForce graphics driver GeForce_Experience_v3.27.0.112 but it is not supported.

1. How to prevent the pop up warning message from showing up, is there a way to disable ? I still can run Unreal Engine 5.1.1 but I wanted to know is there a way to set the Unreal Engine 5.1.1 to use features available for my PC specification, at least I still can use it to develop low to mid range graphics games software ?

Please advise.

I figured out a workaround for this.
The popup is being created in the RHIDetectAndWarnOfBadDrivers function in DynamicRHI.cpp

It’s actually looking at a console variable before deciding whether or not to create the popup.

If you add the following line into the [Startup] section of Program Files\Epic Games\UE_5.1\Engine\Config\ConsoleVariables.ini the popup should disappear:

r.WarnOfBadDrivers=0

5 Likes

You need to meet the minimum requirements for UE5.

The latest drivers can be installed using Geforce experience, but if the laptop does not support it you just won’t be able to and need to use an older version of the engine.

1 Like

mpxc, thanks for the hint it works but the third person template project running very slow, anyhow I will try some low poly project based and see.

Thanks Roy_Wierer.Seda145 for the sharing, yeah read that article before, but not sure what Notebook fast enough to run UE5, may get new notebook in the future for sure. Thanks again.

for version 5.3 not work ?

In your image, there is a “;” to the left of r.WarnOfBadDrivers=0 which is commenting it out.
Remove the “;” and it will probably work.

1 Like

Worked like a charm! Thank you so much! I was getting really tired of having to click ‘no’ twice every time I opened UE up. lol.

Does anyone know how to fix this if you get the message when you open a build game? For a project I have an old Lenovo ThinkCentre M715Q USFF Ryzen 5 PRO 3,2 GHz. When I open the game that I have build from unreal engine 5 I get the same warning message. I have already tried to update the drivers but then the game doesnt open at all so I went back to the old drivers. I want the game to open on startup since it will be presented at an exhibition but this warning message prevents the game from opening on computer startup without someone clicking the no button.

1 Like

To me rather than sending an error message and stopping the program. After inserting the line, it just crashes immediately

I’m a Linux Mint 21.3 user
For those who has installed the latest AMD driver(24.1.0 or later)
but still suffering from this annoying driver warning
driver_problem

Ive manged to solve that via
upgrading kernel from 5.15 to 6.5
By typing commands

sudo apt install --install-recommends linux-generic-hwe-22.04