Walls flickering over certain distance from pointlight component on player character?

I’m sorry if my title is confusing, I think a demonstration will be best:

When close to a wall there is no flickering, but when at medium distance and facing a wall straight-on it occurs while moving. I suspect it has to do with the settings of the pointlight component on the FPS character possibly. Here is a screenshot of the majority of light details on the pointlight. Can anyone identify what is the cause of this?

If you want to have that sort of effect, a point light is not really the right kind of light.

A spotlight, with the right parameters would work better.

You have to choose the closest light to what you would use in real life, a torch is basically a spot light.

Hey McPhearson,

I tried your settings and got the same issue,

I got it resolved by turning off “Cast Dynamic Shadows”
So if you don’t need shadows for this light you can turn off Cast Dynamic Shadows.

Unfortunately I do need dynamic shadows from this light. Thank you for effort though.

Using ClockworkOcean’s recommendation and replacing the point light with a spot light appears to have resolved my issue.

I replaced the point light with a spotlight, and it seems to not have the flickering issue anymore. Thank you kindly