Wait For Task taking too long in Development Build

Hello Everyone,

I am facing a problem from last one week that is when i package my game as development build and run that on device the fps goes down very very low whereas when i package my game as shipping build the performance comes out to be very Good.

I am testing my game on mobile although if i create a new project and package that as a development build it works almost same as this build.

In order to check if the performance is reducing due to some assets in my level I created a new default level which have nothing in it. I even disabled the character and set the game mode to GameModeBase. Even after that the Framerate are same as 5-10 fps.

After doing research I got able to run Unreal Insight workflow for mobile Game and after analyzing the .utrace file I got to know that Wait for task is taking almost all the time. But I am not able to identify why this is too much.

I am attaching the .utrace file.
20240805_185550.utrace (4.0 MB)

Any help, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated !

Update- I have now checked new blank projects in 5.3.2 and 5.4.3 and the results I got is that in 5.3 (50-60fps) the game is working perfectly whereas in 5.4.3 it’s still laggy (5-10fps) and wait for task taking a lot of time.

Update-2 Till now i concluded that this a engine bug which comes only on low end mobile devices. I asked my friend to package a new project on his pc and share the apk with me. when he tested the game on his mobile which is a good device, it was giving good 60fps performance whereas when i tested that on my mobile which is about 5 year old the fps are low as 10-12 fps. Also when i checked some 5.4 documentations i found this

1. Maybe this new change is creating the problem on low end devices As usual the problem is only on dev build. Shipping build works fine on every supported device

It’s not the ‘wait for task’ that’s taking a long time, it’s what the system is waiting for, during that gap.

You’ll need to look at other channels in the dump to find out what that task is waiting for… :slight_smile:

So what is making this lag so much in a blank new level and only in development build ?I have also tested new blank projects that i get from my friends and the problem is same. It only happening in 5.4.3, in 5.3 it’s working perfect.

Have you checked the .utrace file in your pc?

Every time I see that wait, I also see

I have no idea what EndFlushResourcesRHI is, but that’s what it’s waiting for

So what should I do now. I didn’t know how can i fix this issue. I need the development build for optimization and quick launch on devices😣.

1 Like

If it is that problem, you have to work around it, unfortunately, it won’t be patched yet :thinking:

Heya! Which device and OS are you operating on? Our team is attempting to repro.

1 Like

There are few others also but the main minimum end device I am targeting is this

Also I am operating on Windows 11
These are my pc specs if required
Rtx 3060
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H

The problem according to me is not in operating machine as I have tested development apks build on different machines and got the same results

Let me know if you didn’t get the exact information out of it🙂.

1 Like

Any Updates?

1. What is RHIT and why is it loading my phone?

2. [16:18]

RHIT: 100ms

It is because of wait for task same as Mine.

I spent 8 hours to find the cause of this FPS drop. Even when disabling all the rendering features for mobile it still fails to get to 60FPS. It was in 60FPS with all these features turned on

The team has a fix for this issue—it’s slated for the next hotfix!

Thankyou

Still the issue is there :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like