VRworks...

Are there any tutorials or answers as to how to implement the amazing things VRworks brings into my game?

If so, is there any way to make it so it doesn’t impact the performance of non-VRworks users (a graphical option checkbox or something?)

Thanks

Hello Resolve.

There is currently an MultiRes branch from the UE4 source at https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/MultiRes-4.11
If you do not have access to the link you need to link your unreal account to your github account.
When you have the MultiRes sourch running you can enable MultiRes in Project Settings -> Rendering -> VR.
I am currently waiting for the 4.12 version of MultiRes and I hope they will add more gameworks features to the MultiRes branch soon.
:slight_smile:

OK, i’ve been taking a look at the Multires branch. If anyone else is interested you need to enable multires in your project settings, then in the game console you can type vr.multiresrendering 0, 1 or 2 - the number indicates the ‘aggressiveness’ of the multires setting.

I’ve only had a short try but it doesn’t seem to have a huge effect on my game - I’ve been running the oculus forward rendering build up to now and it works a lot better for me despite the shortcomings. I can set my screen percentage to 250 using the forward renderer which gives me a really high quality, sharp distance rendering - which my game benefits from. I’d like to see what it’s like to combine these technologies - if anyone’s had any success merging these two 4.11.x branches let me know!

Hey Dannington,

I complied the Oculus version of Unreal but didn’t seem to notice any performance increase. Is there a setting that needs to be turned on to enable forward rendering?

r.useclusteredforward (something like that, just type r.useclustered and it will autocomplete).

Great, thanks!

4.12 is out :slight_smile:

https://github.com/NvPhysX/UnrealEngine/tree/MultiRes-4.12

But I’m sure you may know this already :slight_smile:

NOTE: If you have Visual Studio 2015 SP3, it will not compile