VR walkthrough architecture and live streaming on 4K monitor

Hi guys, this is my first post in this forum.

I have a client who wants a vr architecture walkthough with oculus rift. While the person with the oculus is walking through the flat he wants to stream the live view on a 4k Monitor.
Is it possible to stream it in good quality? Where can I change the settings for streaming?

thanks in advice
Hanspeter

Well, first of all you can’t walk around the flat with the Oculus Rift, unless you mean walking around the limited tracking area with 3 cameras.

Second, you can do that without using the Oculus, but by using one of the Microsoft Mixed Reality Headset, and with the inside-out tracking you should be able to walk around a flat ( or into an empty environment big as the flat ), and is something that I already did, and it works pretty good ( using the MSI VR One Backpack ).

Third, I know that you can stream from the PC to a monitor using a 5Ghz router, but I don’t have too much experience with, so it would be better to do a google search.

1 Like

It is better to use a second computer to render the 4K view and let the first computer deal with the Oculus. In this way you can independently control the 4K view and set it up properly. This technique has been addressed before here: in VR mode,how to let PC show 1920*1080 single screen - XR Development - Epic Developer Community Forums

Scroll down to the answer from Sigfreud. He even shared a sample project (see google drive link) to show his setup.

Thank you very much. I don’t understand what you mean with “you can’t walk around”. I can do that in VR see video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH6EdTCCkBo

Hi Marco, thank you very much for your answere. That would solve my problem. Seems it’s not that easy :slight_smile: did you tried it already?

1 Like

Sorry, I thought your client was literally/physically walking around the environment :smiley:

No I didn’t try it myself, but from the description in the post it seems like a straightforward solution using client/server replication. Did you download and test the sample project?