VR thin collision doesn't stop ball

I just got my Pre and I’m trying to get a tennis racket to work. If I move the racket really slowly, it’ll hit the ball. But if I swing fast, the ball passes through the racket’s thin collision. I’ve set the ball and the racket to both have CCD, but it’s not helping. A workaround could be to make the racket’s collision thicker, but I would like to be able to backhand without it looking weird. My guess is that frame rate with VR is slower and it’s causing an issue that would otherwise be non-existent.

Hello CharlieTheTall,

I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Does this happen when not playing in VR?
  2. Can you reproduce this issue in a clean project?
  3. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?
  4. Could you provide screen shots of any blueprints that may be involved with this issue?
  1. yes, this actually happens without VR as well. Although it seems to be more apparent in VR.
  2. Yes, see attached project. Open up the VR test map and play. Left mouse click spawns balls. You can change the play rate of the matinee to simulate a player swinging a tennis racket. Note the balls passing through the racket on occasion.
  3. It’s less about blueprints and more about collision, but seeing how I wasn’t using C++ I was unsure as to how to classify the bug.link text

Hello CharlieTheTall,

I was able to reproduce this issue using the project that was provided. I have written up a report ( UE-31614) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. I will provide updates with any pertinent information as it becomes available. One workaround that may be viable depending on your needs, could be to set both objects as physics actors. Thank you for your time and information.

Make it a great day

Have you tried enabling CCD (Continuous collision detection I think) on the ball?